Please add topics for discussion (and your status if you’re a contributor).
- can-operate and can-symbol proposal
- mixin based can-define-stream
- feathers session
- merge helper
- Fixed critical issue with
can-util/js/ajax. Testee is not working with production though, preventing full canjs release. Waiting for @daffl or @phillipskevin to help.
- Fixed sidebar issue with site
- Started work on can-stream changes.
- can-stream changes
- DoneJS 1.0
Status last week:
- Started reviewing the Steal Migration Guide: https://github.com/stealjs/stealjs/issues/23
- Worked on conference opportunities
- More conference & meetup organizing
- Finish reviewing the Steal Migration Guide
- Review the steal-conditional docs
- CanJS Flow Super Issue
- Improve the home page
- Make the can package vs. modules explanation more clear
- Add descriptions to the “Who Uses CanJS” page
- How to best organize community contribution efforts.
- Removing API docs from module READMEs
- Finished up Steal 1.0 article and released it.
- Working on refactoring done-css to use steal-css.
- Finish up done-css refactor.
- Bitballs SSR bug.
- Other DoneJS 1.0 things.
- remove @index and @key (https://github.com/canjs/can-stache/pull/144)
- refactor adding extensions to systemjs (https://github.com/stealjs/steal/pull/977)
- creating a testapp without and with stealjs (https://github.com/pYr0x/steal-training-1)
- making steal video
- make system-trace part of stealjs core
can-zone-storageto work with zone-safe data, primarily for Done-SSR.
Next Week: Back on client work
Rough meeting notes:
- Overview: modules implement symbols;
can-operatecan deal with anything that implements the symbols
- Would like to match standards as much as possible
- Not going to be implemented in the immediate future
- Building mix-ins are tough: how do you define their interaction?
- Idea: mix-ins you have to apply in a certain order
- Idea: structure code to provide hooks for different steps
can-connecthas the same issue with behaviors
– It chooses the order based on the behaviors it knows
- Intelligently merges objects based on IDs
- Use it by adding a
- Maybe this will be made part of
- Idea is that in production, in order to bust caches, query parameter is added when bundles are fetched
- Problem: it has to be added as a config dependency in
package.json; it becomes part of the main bundle;
steal-cache-bustis only loaded after the main bundle; main bundle isn’t ever cache-busted
- Idea: move the functionality into core as part of Steal’s mission to make it easy to do the right thing
- Use the regular Feathers client library
- Behaviors: maps the
can-connectmethods to Feathers methods
Session.currenthas all the session info and is observable
– Import your model to access the global session data
– Automatically updates based on log in/out
– Awesome because you don’t need to pass the session data throughout all the parts of your app
- Challenge: globals are SSR’s enemy
can-zone-storagemakes the global session and SSR possible